Widening your drive

Are you considering widening your drive?

The Angmering on Sea Residents’ Association, with one exception, owns the verges on the Estate and your Land Registry Title Deed will confirm your property boundaries. In short, should you wish to widen your drive or create and in/out drive you will need the Association’s permission to do so as you will be making use of the Association’s property. Our agreement will be in the form of a Deed of Grant (DoG) and in this case the ‘Grant’ is an easement – our permission for you to use the specified section of the Association’s land. Please note that the DoG does NOT pass ownership of the land into your title.

What do you need to do?

Once we have received notification of your intention to widen your drive or to create an in/out drive our Agent will consult with the directors one of whom may make an appointment to discuss your project with you. You will be sent a blank DoG form to complete – our Agent will indicate the sections to be completed. You will also be asked to provide a sketch plan of the proposed development – with dimensions – and these two documents will form part of the package our Agent sends to Land Registry to formally register the agreement. You will receive a copy of the DoG for your records. If you have any difficulties we will arrange for one of our directors to make contact.

You can see there is a real benefit to you in acknowledging this process, as when you come to sell your property the alterations will have been legally registered and will help avoid any unnecessary delay in exchanging contracts.

Please note that there is a small charge for this service covering our Agent’s time.

 See under the ‘Legal’ tab for an example of a Deed of Grant.